Feed Readers: How Do You Organize Your Blogs?

Read any interesting blogs lately? Follow several different bloggers? An RSS (Really Simple Syndication) Feed Reader may be just what you need. After reading Lindsay Liedke's article, 6 Best Free RSS Readers (2023) Edition, I was able to view and choose a feed reader that would work best for me. 

Liedke shared the following free feed readers: Feedly, Inoreader, NewsBlur, Feedreader Online, Feeder, and Good News. I initially tried Good News, but just felt overwhelmed by all the news stories that were immediately shared with me based on current trends. Being that this was my first time using an RSS feed reader, I wanted something with a more simplified feel. I also looked into Inoreader, however after clicking on certain articles, I was prompted to upgrade my subscription to see the full article and I got a bit annoyed. Next, was Feedly, and I immediately loved the ease of the website and the app. I was able to search for my interests first and choose the blogs that I wanted to follow, the setup felt easy, and the design was simplistic and one that worked best for me. 

Blogs I decided to follow and add to my feeder:

  • AASL Blog - (https://knowledgequest.aasl.org/) This blog is run by the American Association of School Libraries. Bloggers commit to writing a monthly blog for their official journal, Knowledge Quest. Blogs concern topics of interest to school librarians and education professionals.
  • YALSAblog - (https://yalsa.ala.org/blog/) This blog is the official blog of the Young Adult Library Services Association. According to their website, their mission is to publish "timely information about emerging and new practices for library services for and with teens."
  • 100 Scope Notes - (https://100scopenotes.com/) This blog was created by Travis Jonker, an elementary school librarian, who posts four times a week about children's literature and librarianship. This blog is a part of the School Library Journal (SLJ) Blog Network.
  • Library Learners - (https://librarylearners.com/) This blog was created by Cari White, who was an educator for 18 years, 16 years as a school librarian, and she now works full-time developing resources for teacher librarians. Her blogs focus on library centers, library lessons, reading promotion, and behavior management in the library.
  • A Fuse #8 Production (https://afuse8production.slj.com/about-2/) This blog is created by Betsy Bird, the current collection development manager of Evanston Public Library. She has served on Newbery and written for Horn Book, and here she shares book reviews and thoughts on children's literature. This blog is a part of the School Library Journal (SLJ) Blog Network.
In addition to researching feed readers and searching for blogs, I created a Tumbler account to add to throughout the semester and to hopefully use in the future with my own library. 


Source:

Liedke, L. (2023, January 1). 6 best free RSS feed readers (2023 edition). Blogging Wizard. Retrieved January 27, 2023, from https://bloggingwizard.com/free-rss-feed-readers/ 

Comments

  1. Hi Virginia! I too chose Feedly as my RSS. I found it to be very easy to navigate through and set up. Thank you for sharing great blogs which I plan to add to my feeder as well. Love you blog name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Virginia! Your blog is very visually appealing! I also chose Feedly as my RSS because of its simplicity. I just checked out Library Learners from you list, and I really enoy it. Thank you for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOM! BAM! POW! Comics & Cartoons in Education

UDL for the WIN!